Frank D. Rorie
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- General Civil Litigation
Frank Rorie, Of Counsel, is a civil litigator and trial attorney with more than a decade of professional experience. His practice focuses on complex commercial, intellectual property, and general civil litigation. He has managed multi-million dollar cases in federal and state court, tried cases to verdict, and been published on appeal. Frank has substantial experience with all aspects of civil litigation, including pre-litigation counseling, alternative dispute resolution, mediation, arbitration, trial and appellate work.
Before joining KRUZ, Frank was a Senior Associate at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe in Los Angeles. He is actively involved in his community, working with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles and serving on the Public Facilities Commission for the City of West Hollywood.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Notes Editor and Staff Member, USC Interdisciplinary Law Journal, 2000-2002
- USC Trustee Scholarship, 1995-1999
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 1998
- MGA Entertainment – Frank was a key member of the trial team that obtained a $137 million verdict and fee award for MGA Entertainment in the landmark Bratz v. Barbie case. He was responsible for trial logistics, evidence presentation, and witness preparation during the 2011 trial. He helped prosecute MGA’s trade secret claims and managed related motion practice.
- DIRECTV and DISH Network – Frank oversaw dozens of tax-litigation cases for DIRECTV and DISH Network. He supervised attorneys in state and federal court across the country, filed tax protests and complaints, and resolved complex property and transactional tax disputes affecting the satellite-television industry.
- Equifax – Frank represented Equifax in numerous federal and state antitrust cases. He second-chaired a civil jury trial for Equifax in California Superior Court (Orange County) where he cross-examined witnesses, argued evidentiary motions and helped obtain a favorable defense verdict for Equifax.